Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cuteness and Compliments!

Tabby Cat, Baby Oliver, and I went to Balboa Park yesterday with friends.  We watched The Tortoise and the Hare at the puppet theater, rode the trolley, had a picnic in the grass, went in the Botanical Building and the Timken Museum of Art.   It was all lots of fun.  The best part of the day for me came as we were getting off the trolley after riding back to where we had parked.

Baby Oliver (i.e. my 2 1/2 year old son) paused by the young lady sitting in front of us.  He looked at her bright red and very curly hair and said, "Your hair is SO beautiful!  Can I smell it?"  She was absolutely beaming!  And she did bend over so he could smell her hair.  Baby Oliver sniffed her beautiful hair and said, "You smell like strawberries!'  Which is also quite a compliment; there isn't too much he loves more than strawberries.

It was a very sweet and funny moment that I will never forget.  It reminded me of a couple things.  Taking the time to say sincere compliments to others really can brighten up their day, week, or more!  Also, I really need to keep an eye on my little flirtatious son!  Imagine as he gets older...

No comments:

Post a Comment