Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family in Congo

This is me at the airport in Ethiopia, after a day and a half of travel with only 3 hours of sleep.  My little blue buddy there is Henry the Hippo, who came from Japan to join us in Congo.
My human travel companion, the lovely Cammie:  she is my husband Joel's cousin (and my dear friend).  Thanks for jumping in and joining me on this adventure Cammie!


My beautiful sister-in-law Holly and her daughters, Mia and Ellie, our newest nieces!
Me, Holly, Isla and Natalie (my other 2 sweet and adorable "Congolese" nieces).
Somehow I did not take any pictures of my brother-in-law, Mike.  (Sorry Mike, nothing personal I promise!)  He was there too!  Mike is Holly's husband, the father of these 4 sweet girls, and the director of Food for the Hungry in DR Congo.  It was wonderful to have the added benefit of spending quality time with my amazing family members who have been living and working in Congo for the past 3 1/2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment