Friday, December 2, 2011

Highs and lows

Today's high:  Celebrating my husband's birthday with him.  I realized that this is the 9th birthday I've been blessed to spend with him.  Joel's a great guy!  Plus, it gave the kids and I a wonderful excuse to bake brownies.  Dinner involved homemade lasagna, Caesar salad, garlic bread, and fruit.  Yum!  I look forward to eating the leftovers.

Today's low:  My son was throwing Legos, and the Lego bin, at my daughter's head.  I picked him up and took him to his room.  He bit my arm hard and then repeatedly yelled at the top of his lungs, "You are not my mommy anymore!"  and  "No one is ever nice to me!"  He got to spend an hour of quiet time in his room and came out with a much better attitude.  While eating the lasagna at dinner, he leaned over, hugged my arm and said "Now you are my mommy again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment