Monday, May 24, 2010

Cleaning Schedule for Mom (me) and Meal Planning

As mentioned in the previous post, I made a chore chart for myself too.  If I knew how to put it in chart form here I would, but sadly I'm not willing to take the time to figure it out today.  So I'll just include a general list of what I'm planning to do.  The first week was a success!  I got a magnet for each day I did all my chores, just like the kids : )  Now I just need to determine what my reward will be.  Maybe just a much cleaner home...

Week One:
Monday- wash sheets & vacuum
Tuesday- clean master bathroom & sweep and mop all linoleum and tile floors
Wednesday - clean kitchen & vacuum
Thursday- dust living/dining areas & clear clutter
Friday- do a "spring cleaning" project & vacuum
Saturday- plan next week's menu & grocery shop
Sunday- a "day off" or finish any chores I missed during the week.  Today this involved 7 loads of laundry and 3 loads of dishes, plus putting away clutter and dusting that I hadn't done Thursday.  Oh yes, vacuuming AGAIN, having young kids and a dining area with carpet is really not a good idea!

Week Two
same as above except...
Tuesday- clean main bathroom & sweep and mop
Thursday- dust bedrooms and blinds & clear clutter

After that, I'll start again with week one and hopefully keep the cycle going.  Every day includes laundry, dishes, and cooking of course.  The spring cleaning tasks I did this week were cleaning the patio and washing the bathroom walls.  Other things on my "spring cleaning" list include washing the rest of the walls, washing windows, organizing the filing cabinet, steam-vacuuming the carpet, and selling or donating items we don't need.

The weekly meal planning on Saturdays is especially important for me.  I don't mind cooking, but always have a hard time deciding what to make, with dinner being the worst.  We also have been trying to cut back on our food budget as much as possible while still eating a healthy diet.  Having a plan really helps!  Plus I despise shopping, detest it, abhor it...  With a plan in place I know what we'll be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a whole week.  I can do all the shopping just once a week, hopefully without kids.  And we're not so tempted to eat out or order in due to a lack of food in the fridge or ideas in the brain.

I'm wondering if I'm over-ambitious currently.  I feel like I need to be because I've been "under"-ambitious for so long.  Time will be my deciding factor.  For now, I'm glad to have accomplished this much this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment