Saturday, May 15, 2010

My journal entry from December

Reading through my journal, I stumbled upon this today.

There is so much on my mind.  I have a great desire to educate my brain, to teach and train my children, to exercise my body, to do away with my bad habits, to reach out to others and make a positive difference in the world, and to draw closer to God and dive deeper into spiritual understanding.  I know I can't make all these great changes 100% effectively all at once.  Where should I begin?  I could spend all my spare time in any one of these areas.  In the meantime, my home is a dirty and messy area and is making me feel crazy!  Every day seems to require more energy than I have.  I long for more energy, more discipline of my time, more patience for how things are.  How do I balance between being joyful and content with life while continuing to strive for higher goals?

Dear God, please remind me to daily seek your will, your wisdom, your strength.  I am helpless on my own - overwhelmed by my desires for perfection.  You don't require "perfection" as I view it.  Instead, Lord, I give You my heart and will.  Thank you for being a gentle and patient God!  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I can really relate to your feelings here. Not enough hours or energy in any day and it seems the more I do, the less I've actually accomplished.

    ReplyDelete