Saturday, September 10, 2011

Going gluten-free

I've been feeling really lousy the past 6 weeks or so.  Depressed, anxious, almost constant headaches and migraines.  Not good.  This is not uncommon for me.  Challenging times.  In the past, I've considered trying a gluten-free diet to see if it helped at all.  But change takes more motivation than I typically have when I am feeling so poorly. 

My lovely mother-in-law encouraged me to see what happens if I avoid gluten for a while.  Just the motivation I've been needing!  To top it off, she ordered a bunch of gluten-free products for me from this company.  Have I ever mentioned that I have the most loving and thoughtful mother-in-law ever?  Well I do!

My shipment of gluten-free products arrived yesterday.  The kids and I made some cookies from one of the mixes today.  I was curious how they would turn out.  I almost always bake from scratch.  Plus most gluten-free flour I've tasted is not great.  But these?  Yum!  After a healthy and gluten-free dinner, I baked a dozen of the cookies.  My husband, daughter, and son each had two cookies.  I had two cookies, too.  Interestingly, all twelve cookies are gone... and I am hoping that your math skills are worse than mine.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Shauna! We love you so much and wish we could take away the pain and the rest of it all. But we know God has you in the palm of His hand. I'm so happy you have Jules' products, do you remember her from our wedding? Her son Dawson was the ring bearer! :) I think I will send you a cook book from her that we have and are not using right now.

    ReplyDelete