Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scratch and sniff paint

It is tough to keep up with my kids' requests for art and craft projects.  But I try!  We borrowed a book, "The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions" by John E. and Danita Thomas, from our local library.  This is a great book with lots of easy to make paints, playdoh, etc.  You know, the type of stuff that kids adore ... and parents fear.

My kids had a wonderful time making, and painting with, scratch and sniff paints.  We got several packages of Kool-aid powdered drink mix.  In the separate compartments of a muffin pan, we mixed the contents of each packet with about half a tablespoon of water.  We had one packet each of red, blue, and yellow Kool-aid, which we mixed to make all the colors of the rainbow.  I just had to include a little science in our painting fun!


  
P.S.  I am counting on you to ignore the mess on my floors and the fact that my kids are still in their pajamas     = )

No comments:

Post a Comment